Energetic, knowledgeable, and professional mariner with impeccable at-sea credentials & qualifications
Looking to learn more about what Features and Services we provide? See how we can help provide unparalleled customer service on your next yacht delivery.
Under the proven & tested leadership of United States Coast Guard veteran and permanent cutterman, Captain Doug Jannusch, Beacon Luxury Yacht Delivery’s mission is to provide owners, agents, and brokers with professional yacht deliveries of exceptional value and quality.
Our experienced crew of marine professionals can handle local or long-distance deliveries of motor and sail yachts throughout the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans, as well as the Caribbean, Great Lakes, and the Arctic. Based in Mystic, Connecticut, Beacon Luxury Yacht Delivery specializes in the delivery of yachts up to 500 gross tons (or approximately 50 meters LOA) on the water under their own power.
We take pride in efficiently delivering your motor yacht to the destination of your choice in the safest, most precise, and most efficient manner possible – the care and protection of your vessel, as well as the safety of everyone onboard, is our primary focus.
Captain Jannusch is also available for service as interim Captain. With a mindset perpetually attuned to preparation and readiness, the captain and his crews have expertly responded to and performed under a myriad of unforeseen situations including search-and-rescue, shipboard emergencies, and heavy weather scenarios. Captain Jannusch can be trusted to apply the same level of care, attentiveness, and leadership to every yacht he captains, no matter the vessel size or destination.
U.S licensed master, less than 500 GT upon oceans, Ref. #4283281
Our mission is to provide owners, agents, and brokers with safe and professional yacht deliveries of exceptional value and quality
The Beacon Difference
The Beacon Difference – Captain Jannusch is a highly skilled ship driver and operator trained and credentialed within the U.S. Coast Guard (USCG). A former Commanding Officer, he is a tested and proven leader who has successfully trained, qualified, and led large USCG shipboard crews in safely performing thousands of high-risk evolutions at-sea while attentively transiting tens of thousands of nautical miles.
Our Tenure – More than two decades serving in the U.S. Coast Guard and Marine Corps; nine years piloting Coast Guard motor vessels equipped with modern technology similar to most yachts; vast and capable at-sea experience in the most challenging waters and conditions. Captain Doug Jannusch is a tested and proven leader and veteran mariner.
Why Choose Beacon?
After a prestigious career rising to the rank of Lieutenant Commander in the U.S. Coast Guard, Captain Doug Jannusch (pronounced Ja-nish) took his passion for sailing to launch Beacon Luxury Yacht Delivery. With vast at-sea experience throughout North America, including the Atlantic, Pacific, Caribbean, Great Lakes, and the Arctic, Captain Jannusch is an expert in navigation, piloting narrow channels, and emergency response procedures.
A professionally trained and award-winning leader and manager of shipboard crews, Captain Jannusch is intimately familiar with many key aspects of skippering a yacht, whether the safe launch and recovery of tender craft, compliance with International Ship and Port Security (ISPS) and MARPOL requirements, or familiarity with the waters and governments in areas transited by many yachts, including S. Florida, the Bahamas, Turks & Caicos, Jamaica, Aruba, and the Greater and Lesser Antilles. With a perfect safety record, Captain Jannusch can be trusted to apply the same leadership, care, and attention to every yacht he captains, no matter her size or destination.
Beacon Luxury Yacht Delivery is owned and operated by Captain Doug Jannusch, a highly skilled ship driver and operator trained and credentialed within the U.S. Coast Guard, the very agency charged with the administration of the U.S. Merchant Mariner Credentialing Program. With nearly a decade of experience piloting Coast Guard motor vessels to the most rigorous standards, he is a tested and proven leader who has successfully trained, qualified, and led large USCG crews in safely and skillfully performing thousands of high-risk evolutions at sea in arduous conditions. Captain Jannusch has skillfully navigated tens of thousands of nautical miles through restricted passages and open oceans far offshore in the Atlantic, Pacific, Caribbean, the Great Lakes and the Arctic
With a mindset perpetually attuned to preparation and readiness, Captain Jannusch and his crews stand ready to respond to the unexpected, having expertly responded to and performed under a myriad of unforeseen situations, including shipboard emergencies, search and rescue, and heavy weather.
- Credential: Master of Self-propelled vessels (not including auxiliary sail) less than 200 GRT (equivalent to 500 GT & ~160ft LOA) upon Oceans (including greater than 200NM offshore). Ref number: 4283281
- Current TWIC, Medical Certificate (ENG1), U.S. Passport & Negative Drug Test
- STCW: Basic Training (Blended) (NOREMI-874). Meets NVIC 08-14 Guidelines on Qualifications for STCW Endorsements in Basic Training (Formerly Basic Safety Training), expires 9/14/27
- Insurance: Insured Operator of Non-Owned Yachts for Delivery, Charter & Instruction Operations, Marine Liability Limit of $1M
- Well-versed in International Ship and Port Security (ISPS) requirements
- Extensive contact list and familiarity with the waters of The Bahamas and Turks & Caicos Islands
- Navigated the Caribbean Sea, Aruba, Lesser Antilles, the Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Hispaniola, Old Bahama Channel & Jamaica
- Vast experience throughout all five Great Lakes and their major cities
- Expert in navigation, route planning, use of RADAR/ARPA, storm avoidance/preparation & safe ops during adverse conditions
- Extensive experience piloting narrow channels, locks, and restricted waterways
- Expert in shipboard emergency response procedures
- Highly capable manager of shipboard crews, crew training & Bridge Resource Management
- Proficient understanding of marine engineering & propulsion systems. Experienced/handy at minor maintenance/repairs
- Experienced in Integrated Ship Control Systems (ISCS) & Electronic Charting (ECDIS) Systems
- Expert in vessel/maritime security & weapon use as former USCG Maritime Law Enforcement Officer and US Marine
- Proficient in celestial navigation consistent with license’s “Ocean” rating
- In-depth understanding of Maritime Pollution (MARPOL) requirements
- Extensive experience managing shipboard budgets, galleys, and inventories
- Experienced in preparing for & managing major maintenance availabilities, including contractor performance & contracting
- Expert in at-sea crane operations, rigging and heavy lift operations with perfect safety record
- Skilled at set-up and execution of towing operations
- Experienced in the safe launch, execution, and recovery of small boat tender craft
- Trained in the Marine Mammal Protection Act and associated shipboard requirements